What a rush

Archers share their stories, tips, etc.

Postby highnoonhunter » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:03 pm

Those Shrew bows are surely nice bows Anointed Archer.

I've owned several of the older Shrews that Gary Holmes built for LaClair.

And I really loved them, but the news ones are far and beyond comparison of the old ones from what I hear.

I made up some carbons last year for my recurve. I shot the 7 point I mentioned above with one. I really like them. But as of now I'm shooting 5/16 birch dowels for arrows. They do OK, but they'll creep crooked on ya pretty often. I'm not gonna get to bowhunt this season. But I love shooting trad bows. I really enjoy shooting more than hunting these days. Seems like everything has got so expensive concerning going on a hunt, and add to the fact that I just can't get around so good anymore. Hunting has become more like a job than enjoyment for me.

I've been using Rib-tek heads for about 10 years now. I can't complain about how they've performed for me. I used the MA-2 Penetrator heads & old Bear heads with good success too. I've been thinking of trying the ACE heads for 2-3 years now. But instead I will just buy me another pack of Rib-tek 125 grain slim heads. Last year I used they 100 grain inserts, and 125 grain broadhead adapters with the 125 grain Rib-teks for a total of 350 grains on the front of my carbon arrows. WOW! That setup flew great!

hnh
highnoonhunter
Senior Scout

Postby AnointedArcher » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:01 am

Yes I have shot the old Shrews and liked them, but these new bows that Gregg Coffee makes is like night and day. One of these days I am going to make my own self bow, just to have to plink with, but that day is not here yet :lol: .
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
AnointedArcher
Senior Scout

Previous

Return to Traditional Bows