What is you Trad setup for 2009?

Archers share their stories, tips, etc.

What is you Trad setup for 2009?

Postby Anointed Archer » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:25 am

Well this year my main hunting set up will be hunting with a new bow for me, I will be using a 56" Super Shrew Deluxe at 44lbs. Shooting the old outcert Beman 2200 shafts,tipped with Muzzy's 125 grian Phanthom broad heads. This could be the most accurate set up I have ever hunted with.

During the late doe season I will be messing around with two different set ups. I will start out hunting with a 66 inch Pack Rat longbow that a friend made for me. She pulls back at a stout 63lbs. I will be shooting Kentucky cane shafts with hand crafted stone points. The deer I shoot with this will definately be a trophy in my book.

Also during the late doe season I will be using an old Ben Pearson takedown recurve I picked up in a trade this year. It is a 61lb bow but it feels like it pulls about 55lbs. I will be shooting cedar arrows tipped with ACE 160 grain two blade broadheads.

Man you got to love this sport we call bowhunting! :grin:
Michigan 1908, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Michigan , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of freedom, establish this Constitution.
Anointed Archer
Junior Scout

Postby Rob Jones » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:40 am

I will be shooting my 54lb morrison take down recurve for the first part of the season with easton 400s with 190gr tusker broadheads

in the latter part of the season I will be shooting my 61lb northern mist longbow with Ramin wood arrows I made and 190gr grizzly broadheads
You can never walk on water if you dont step out of the boat!!
Rob Jones
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:25 am

How are those grizzly broadheads?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Grizzly Broadheads

Postby Anointed Archer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 am

They are a very tough ruged broadhead and fly like darts. The problem is they a extremely hard to sharpen. They have to have a whole new bevel filed on them. If and when you get the correct angle you can get them razor sharp. However I have ruined 4 heads trying to get the correct angle. Now I have Rob Jones sharpen them for me as he has got it down pat! :lol:
Michigan 1908, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Michigan , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of freedom, establish this Constitution.
Anointed Archer
Junior Scout

Return to Traditional Bows