Black powder rifle

Black powder hunters share stories, tips, etc.

Moderator: DaveHawk

Black powder rifle

Postby 45auto » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:09 am

Which rifle would you recomend from CVA I have looking at their latest the electronic one, cause all you would need is the powder and the bullet. And no primer involved.
45auto

Re: Black powder rifle

Postby Rebel Hog » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:00 am

elkhunter wrote:Which rifle would you recommend from CVA I have looking at their latest the electronic one, cause all you would need is the powder and the bullet. And no primer involved.

Well, I would wait a few years before buying one.....To costly for me to experiment the bugs for them at my expense. :lol:
Jesus said, "he who stands firm to the end will be saved" Mark 13:13.
www.floridaconservation.org/
Rebel Hog
Senior Scout

Postby Bow N Bullet » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:18 am

Elkhunter,
I agree with Rebelhog, I hear the bugs have not been worked out yet. Not to mention I hear they operate with a battery, I would hate to have a great animal in my sights and find that the battery is dead so my rifle wouldn't fire.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him.
Bow N Bullet
Junior Scout

Postby Stump Killer » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:23 pm

Check the black powder hunting laws where you hunt. This gun would be illegal to hunt with in the Oregon black powder season, as are a number of other inlines. In order to hunt in the muzzleloading season, Oregon requires exposed ignition systems, either cap lock or flint lock, among other things.
Stump Killer
Junior Scout

Postby Lizette » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:07 am

I sight-in for both 100 and 200 yards. With the CVA Accura, I can shoot a 1-inch group at 200 yards. But if I can take the human factor out of the shot and shoot the Accura in a vice with a mechanical trigger pull, I can shoot a 1/2-inch group with the Accura.
Lizette
Junior Scout

Postby DaveHawk » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:56 pm

Come on guys if your going to hunt black powder nothing like a good Smoke Pole. But a CVA will do the trick
If God is for me who can be against me.

www.colonialrestorationstudio.com
DaveHawk
King of the Mountain

Postby roaring bull » Fri May 13, 2011 8:50 pm

For heavens sake if your gonna hunt black powder get a sidelock at least...a flintlock would be the best!
roaring bull
Junior Scout

Return to Black Powder Hunting