Word of the Day, December 7, 2017, Philippians 1:1-4

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, December 7, 2017, Philippians 1:1-4

Postby Marty » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 am

Word of the Day, December 7, 2017

“ My faith looks up to Thee, Thou Lamb of Calvary, Savior divine! Now hear me while I pray; Take all my guilt away. Oh let me from this day Be wholly Thine!”

Philippians 1:1-4

1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy,

Last night I was sharing with a brother in Christ about encouraging him to come to the Tuesday Night Men’s Prayer get together. I explained that it is the best night of the week for me because of these above verses are lived out by these men in each one of our lives. What a privilege to pray for other men and what a blessing it is to have other men of GOD praying for me. Oh, what a sweet hour of prayer.

This group of men holds each other accountable to the Word of GOD. This group of believers lifts each other to Christ always. This group of brothers in Christ encourages each other as needed. This group of watchmen reaches out daily to each other with scriptures that always seem to be the right verse at the right time. This group of saints never holds their peace about GOD’s Holy Book day and night in each other’s lives. This group of Christian men is there for each other for the trials of life, for emergencies that happen no matter what time it is. For all of this, I thank my GOD for this group of men. Oh, what a sweet hour of prayer.

Isaiah 62:6: 6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence,

I will keep short today; I encourage you to get into a prayer group of men or women today. Deep friendships will be created as you open up to each other, sharing what GOD is doing in your life, the trial you may be in or the hurt you might have and you will hear the Word of GOD spoken into you through the power of prayer. Oh, what a sweet hour of prayer!

“ Sweet hour of prayer, Sweet hour of prayer. The joys I feel, the bliss I share. Of those whose anxious spirits burn with strong desires for Thy return. With such I hasten to the place where God, my Savior, shows His face. And gladly take my station there, and wait for Thee, sweet hour of prayer. Sweet hour of prayer.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Trail Guide

Return to Christian Theology