Word of the Day, June 19, 2017, Daniel 9:17-19

This section is for the discussion of Christian theology only.
Arguments against the Christian religion belong in the Dissenters Forum.

Moderators: GeneralHavok, pastorgreg

Word of the Day, June 19, 2017, Daniel 9:17-19

Postby Marty » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:46 am

Word of the Day, June 19, 2017

“ King Jesus You're the name we're lifting high. Your glory shaking up the earth and skies. Revival we wanna see Your kingdom here. We wanna see Your kingdom here. Spirit break out. Break our walls down. Spirit break out. Heaven come down.”

Daniel 9:17-19

17 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord's sake.
18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

After Daniels prays, his confession in verses 4-14, Daniel offers a petition. He prayed, negatively for GOD’s wrath against His people to be assuaged (my wife won’t believe I know this word or can even spell it) in verse 16 and positively, for GOD’s grace, mercy and forgiveness to be displayed in the people of Israel restoration of their land in verses 17-19.

Daniel was crying out to the LORD. He had a deep concern for his nation and his people. Here is the question of the day. Do we have this same passion for our country? America is falling unto the power of Satan, riots, a government that is corrupted, the fall of marriage as GOD has created, the removal of GOD’s word in schools, people only caring about themselves, no respect for authority, schools in dismay, the decline in church attendance, killing of millions of innocent babies, broken families, sexual immoralities, corporate greed, racial tensions and the lack of churches preaching the true and the unchangeable Word of GOD.

One of our Pastors says this, if you are coming in to talk to me about trials and troubles in your life; the first question he will ask is are you reading your bible daily? We are backsliding for way to long as a country. We have remove GOD from all aspects of our lives except for maybe Sunday morning services. We do not want to be told what is right or wrong anymore. We need to be in the Word everyday and if not, do we believe the Word of GOD?

Daniel begged for mercy, not for help, because he knew that his people deserved GOD’s wrath and punishment. The same is true for America today. GOD sends His help, not because we deserve it, but because He wants to show great mercy. If GOD refuse to help us because of our sin, how could we really complain? But when He sends mercy instead of punishment we deserve, how can we withhold our praise and thanksgiving.

As Daniel cry out to GOD, “ O Lord, hear; O Lord forgive; O Lord hearken and do; defer not thine own sake, O my GOD; for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.”, we should cry out for America in the same way. David cries out to GOD in Psalm 51: 10: “ Create in me a clean heart, O GOD; and renew a right spirit within me.” This should be our own individual pray and also our prayers for America. We need to seek GOD for His mercies upon our country and it’s people today.

“ Heal my heart and make it clean. Open up my eyes to the things unseen. Show me how to love like you have loved me. Break my heart for what breaks yours. Everything I am for Your kingdom's cause as I walk from earth into eternity. Hosanna. Hosanna. Hosanna in the highest.”

Timothy P. Furness
Marty
Senior Scout

Return to Christian Theology