Fresh or Salt Water Fishing

Saltwater fisherman share stories, tips, etc.

Fresh or Salt Water Fishing

Postby Bob Brooks » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:42 am

Which do you like better. Fresh water or salt water fishing and why?
Is it because you like the taste of salt water fish better than fresh? Is it because it's less or more exspensive to fish fresh water? You don't need a lot of equipment to go fresh water fishing? There are more bank fishing opprotunities for fresh water fishing? Let it out. Which do you like better?
It's the little moments that make life big
Bob Brooks
Greenhorn

Postby Bob Brooks » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:19 am

I prefer " salt water fishing ". First of all, I live in Florida. I have a boat in a salt water canal. And I feel there are so many more opprotunities to catch so many different species of fish. And there are so many different methods of fishing. Without all the details or specifics you can catch a stinking catch fish or a 200lb pound Tarpon in the same fishing hole. Salt Water Fishing can be good in 2 foot deep water and 700 feet deep water. Granted, it takes a lot of money to fish deep water. But, it's all about what you can catch. And then you get to the taste. There are so many fish that you can go and catch that are on most Sea Food Menu's that you won't ever catch in Fresh Water. ...........................................Bob Brooks

PS. I do like fresh water fishing also, but I prefer Salt Water.........
It's the little moments that make life big
Bob Brooks
Greenhorn

Postby Mike Brooks » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:11 am

I like fresh water fishing better, nothing like being on a lake enjoying the smell of spring flowers, budding trees and listening to all kinds of birds and wildlife. Plus I love walleyes..
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Carroll B » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:04 am

I was raised on a salt water river, never fished fresh water. I like the larger creel limits on salt water fishing and I like to eat fish.
A blood donor saved my life. Matt 26:28

For info on my daily devotional book for men look up "Reel Peace on the Chesapeake Bay" on Amazon.com
Carroll B
Senior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:48 am

Not living on the ocean or salt water river, I'll bet its great fishing. Someday!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Carroll B » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:56 pm

I fished for blue fin tuna about 13 years ago off the coast of Delaware. Saw a 240 pound man almost get pulled out of the boat while fighting a 50 pound tuna. These fish can swim at 50 mph! In the spring of the year we catch striped bass. Largest I have caught is about 20 pounds but been on my son's boat when we landed a 29 pound one that was 44 inches long. Striped bass is one of my favorite fish to eat. The bass on the cover of my book weighed about 17 pounds.

I really need to fish more and work less!!!! I could justify this as being more spiritual as Jesus hung out with fishermen.
A blood donor saved my life. Matt 26:28

For info on my daily devotional book for men look up "Reel Peace on the Chesapeake Bay" on Amazon.com
Carroll B
Senior Scout

Return to Saltwater Fishing