Off shore Oregon

Saltwater fisherman share stories, tips, etc.

Off shore Oregon

Postby Rich Coyle » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:47 pm

Does anyone here fish off the Oregon coast? For what do you fish?
Jesus says, "If you love Me, keep My commandments."

Apostle Paul says, "The things I write are the Lord's commands."
Rich Coyle
Junior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi Rich, I don't know anyone that does, what can you catch? I have wondered what runs in the waters of the grewat`state of Oregon.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Oregon fishing

Postby Rich Coyle » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:21 pm

Mike,

From your signature, I presume you believe The Old Testament applies to Christians. I am wondering lately. Never the less, Proverbs 3:5&6 is One of my favorite Scriptures. I think I will post a question on the general thread.

After a forty year lay off, I went ocean fishing. The fellow took me bottom fishing. I have to look in a book in order to tell you what kind of fish are here. There are black rockfish (to 23 1/2"), blue rockfish (to 21"), short tracker (to 38"), something the locals call ling cod which I was told get maybe five feet long, and others. I think halibut, also. There are salmon at some times of the year. Further out one can catch albacore (to 54") and bonita (to 40").

If the Lord wills, in a couple years I will retire. I plan to shoot and write about it, read and discuss God's Word and write about it. If someone askes me a question about something, I write an essay. Then I know what I believe about that subject.

I have a book available from www.amazon.com. It is titles And These Signs Will Follow. It is about miracles I have seen. Because of this renewed fun, I will, by God's grace, buy a boat suitable for ocean fishing. If you read my book and I don't sound too nutty, and you get out this way, I will take you fishing or shooting. Get ready for lots of Bible. I can't help myself.
Jesus says, "If you love Me, keep My commandments."

Apostle Paul says, "The things I write are the Lord's commands."
Rich Coyle
Junior Scout

Postby Mike Brooks » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 am

Rich, I believe the Bible from cover to cover, love reading and sharing the Word of God! Let's pray that God uses your love of the outdoors and sends just the right boat your way. Offer stands out here in Colorado, if you're out this way and want to hunt or fish let me know, hunting elk in the Rockies is a wonderful experience. Share all you want about your miracles, would love to hear what you have seen and experienced! Blessings on you :cool:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not into your own understanding, Proverbs 3:5
Mike Brooks
Site Admin

Postby Lizette » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:44 am

There's plenty more to do on the Oregon Coast.
Lizette
Junior Scout

Return to Saltwater Fishing