The emphasis of COFA is Jesus Christ and Him crucified. We believe:
- The Bible in its entirety is the infallible, inerrant, inspired Word of God and that its words contain the ultimate authority over all. It is relevant and applicable to man today. It is God’s Love Letter to His children, the ultimate source for knowledge about God, and the definitive guide for our daily lives. Therefore, we place great emphasis upon teaching it in public, studying it in private and using it as a guide for our daily lives.
(2 Timothy 3:16)
- We believe in the One True God that exists as three distinct persons: Father, Son, & Holy Spirit. Equally real and divine, they have unique roles in the works of God. God is self-existent, eternal, unchanging, omnipotent, omnipresent, holy, righteous, and loving. God created the universe from nothing and is sovereign. He rules over His creation, in both the human and spiritual world.
(Ephesians 1:3, John 20:28, Acts 5:3-4)
- We believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a perfect life, was crucified for our sins, died a sinless death, rose from the dead on the third day, and ascended into Heaven where He waits at the right hand of The Father, interceding on our behalf, until He returns triumphantly to Earth. We believe that Jesus paid the sin debt and took our punishment upon Himself in full by His blood on the cross. We believe Jesus is coming again for those who have utterly trusted in Him as their Lord and Savior and that His resurrection is evidence of the promise we have for Eternal Life with God.
- We believe in the personality of Satan, the prince and power of this world, and his ultimate defeat by Jesus Christ. We believe in a literal hell, a place prepared for Satan and his followers.
(1 Peter 5:8; Ephesians 2:2; Matthew 4:1)
- We believe in the inherited, universal, fallen, sinful state of mankind. We believe all men are sinners by nature and by choice, and are, therefore, under condemnation. We believe those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit. That by one man’s sin all have died spiritually and are eternally separated from God and therefore in need of a Savior.
(Jeremiah 17:9, Romans 3:9-12, Romans 3:23, 1 Corinthians 15:22, 1 John 1:9)
- We believe that salvation is a free gift from God and that one is saved by grace, through faith, and not of works. We believe there is no other means to enter into a personal relationship with God and to be saved than by being born again in and through Christ Jesus. We believe, having once been saved, in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live the Godly life.
(Ephesians 2:8, John 3:7, 14:6, 14:16-17, 16:8-11, Acts 1:8)
- We believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ is “Good News” to be shared to all and nothing to be the least bit ashamed of. We believe in evangelizing the world with the proclamation that Jesus is Lord. We are ambassadors for Christ and endeavor to proclaim the Gospel always – with our words and our lives. We believe every believer has a scriptural mandate to share his life of faith in Christ. We believe the only Christ many will ever see is the Christ they see in us, thereby making our personal lives the most powerful influence for an effective Christian witness. We believe we are to be “made all things to all men, that (we) might by all means save some.”
(Matthew 5:16, Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15, John 20:21, Romans 1:16, 1 Corinthians 9:22, 1 Peter 3:15)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost – those who are saved to the resurrection of life, and those who are lost to the resurrection of condemnation. Those who reject Christ will be subject to judgment and separation from God for all eternity. Those who accept Christ as their Savior will be resurrected to eternal life and joy in the presence of God.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ, and the evidence of that unity being shown by how we love one another. We believe that there are many things within the Body of Christ with which we may not agree or participate in but that they should not be a cause for division but rather our differences should be respected. We believe that each member of the Body is important and it is essential to respect each member of the Body in order to achieve the wholeness that God desires.
(Hebrews 10:23-25, Philippians 2:2-8, 1 Corinthians 12:1-31)
- We believe that we are called to love our fellow man and that we are responsible to show that love by ministering spiritually, physically, and socially. We believe that every part of our daily lives are His and that our gift of salvation comes with a responsibility to live so as to please Him. We believe that even recreational organizations can be used to bring glory and honor to God through fellowship and outreach. These organizations exist not in place of local churches but alongside them.
COFA exists to the glory of God and our desire is to provide a place for furthering the Gospel, providing growth for Believers, and providing fellowship through the creation of God allowing for the sharing of the God-given desires for the outdoors together. We do not worship the Creation but rather the Creator who gave it to us to be enjoyed. Our mission is to praise, honor, and glorify God in a mighty way through the outdoor recreation opportunities we share together.
- To promote the Biblical truth that God is the Creator and Savior of the world.
- To bring an awareness of man’s personal accountability to God.
- To challenge others to allow the Lord Jesus Christ to govern their individual lives.
- To provide guidance and means for sharing one’s faith in Christ with others.
- To share the common joy and experience of the outdoors with other Christians and Non-Christians in the hope they will come into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- To foster faith, fun and fellowship among outdoor enthusiasts of America.
Please contact us if you have questions about our statement of belief.